Some men like to have the uniformity of wearing a suit to work every day as it simplifies everything but it can get boring wearing the same thing day in and day out. If you work in a conservative environment and have to keep your look formal there will be limits to the changes you can make but here are some styling suggestions on tweaks that you can easily incorporate.
1) Try a different collar style - for example a tab collar can make a small but noticeable difference to your outfit as it pushes the tie knot forward in an elegant way.
2) Add a pocket square to your suit. If your shirts and suits are plain and especially if you don't tend to wear a tie, a pocket square gives some visual interest to your outfit. If you're worried about looking too dandy, wear it in a simple fold, either in white or in a colour that's a couple of shades lighter or darker than your suit to keep the look more subtle.
3) Buy a different colour shirt. Yes, I know it's hard to find a shirt that's not blue or white but it is possible! Whilst on a personal shopping trip with a client the other day, we banned ourselves from blue and instead bought pale green, pale pink and lilac shirts.
4) Get some burgundy shoes. A current favourite of mine which look great with a navy or grey suit and will ring the changes from your default black Oxfords.
5) Check the fit of your suit - even if you've been wearing it every day for the past few years, does it really fit? Take a selfie and check against this fit guide from Richard Anderson and make alterations if need be.
And of course, if you'd like some help with shopping for your business wear then do get in touch.
If you liked this post, here are some others you may like: